Updated masking policy 7/1/23
Posted on July 1st, 2023
Due to the continued decrease of COVID-19 in the community, RIW will be changing to a mask optional policy starting on 7/1/23. Below you can find the official policy guidelines for masks and social distancing to minimize risk due to COVID 19 or other respiratory diseases:
- In most circumstances, mask use is encouraged, but voluntary, for patients, staff and visitors.
- Anyone with respiratory symptoms should stay home and not come to clinic.
- If any patient or staff have respiratory symptoms, but need to be in the clinic, they are required to wear a mask, either KN95 or N95.
- If a patient requests that a provider/staff wear a mask while in close proximity, then the provider/staff are required to wear a mask.
- Any person who is recovering from COVID should not come to clinic for the first 5 days after diagnosis. On days 6-10, they may return to clinic if they are feeling well, but should wear a surgical, KN95, or N95 mask.
- Signs will be posted noting that mask use is voluntary, but encouraged, and that peoples’ choices regarding the wearing of masks should be respected.